Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) Program Manager
Collaborates with the CTSI to improve scientific communication and value proposition construction for Pitt Innovation Challenge (PInCh) participants, and accelerate commercialization goals across the University of Pittsburgh health science research departments.
Developing a non-surgical therapeutic for patients with aortic aneurysms, under the advisement of Dr. David Vorp and Dr. Justin Weinbaum at the University of Pittsburgh’s Bioengineering department.
Education and Experience
Aneesh grew up in Indianapolis, IN and attended Purdue University’s Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering for his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. In addition to the therapeutic delivery research in the lab of Dr. Alyssa Panitch, Aneesh helped establish the Weldon School’s Senior Class Scholarship for undergraduate awards, and helped develop Purdue’s transfer student orientation program.
Teaching has been a constant within Aneesh’s career, with STEM education experience at every level –middle school (social studies, 2006-2007), Purdue biomedical engineering undergraduate laboratory curriculum design (2011-2013), directing a statistics outreach program for local high school teachers (2013), Biological Engineering laboratory instruction at MIT (2013-2014), and Bioengineering graduate school instruction at the University of Pittsburgh (2015-2016).
Aneesh is currently a PhD Candidate and Berenfield Fellow in Cardiovascular Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, working on aortic aneurysms in collaboration with the Children’s Hospital at UPMC. Through sciVelo, Aneesh has helped guide over 19 teams through the Pitt Health Data Alliance and CTSI Pitt Innovation Challenge (PInCh) to secure over $1.2 million in grant funding.
Graduate Research, University of Pittsburgh Vascular Bioengineering Laboratory, Advisor: David Vorp, PhD Vascular Extracellular Matrix Laboratory, Advisor: Justin Weinbaum, PhD
Development of a non-surgical, elastin-targeted therapeutic for aortic aneurysms.
Graduate Research, Laboratory for Engineered Therapeutics, Purdue University Advisor: Alyssa Panitch, PhD
Synthesis and evaluation of a peptide therapeutic, implemented for both cardiovascular balloon angioplasty coating and scar-healing applications.
Commercial Translation Experience
University of Pittsburgh
Inventor on x3 Invention Disclosures (2014-present)
Pitt Healthcare Innovation Case Competition judge (2015)
McCune Pediatric Device Initiative grant recipient (2016)
sciVelo Associate & CTSI Program Manager (2017-present):
- works with the CTSI and Center for Commercial Applications of Healthcare Data funding mechanisms, and Brain Health industry partnerships.
BiomedShip/TechStart (Biomedical Entrepreneurship) NSF I-CORPS participant
Inventor on a patent application (x1) and licensed technology (x1)
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/